Saint Joseph's Roman Catholic Church

201 Painter Street, Everson Pennsylvania 15631  --- Phone 724-887-6714

Home
Goals and Objectives
Traditions
History
Music
Organizations
Treasures
Links

Parish Societies, Associations and Clubs

Holy Name Society
Founded in 1917

St. Joseph's Society
The society was formed in 2008 to bring together the members of the Holy Rosary Society and St. Joseph's Guild

Polish Club
This is a social club. Although it is not part of Saint Joseph's Parish, many parish members are also members of the club

Holy Rosary Society - no longer active
The oldest organization in the parish was the Holy Rosary Society (also called Bractwo Rozancowe Niewiast). Founded in 1888 by Fr. Szmigiel, it was organized by Mrs. Julianna Bialkowska (the first president) with the help of Mrs. Helen Rozanska. There were 16 members in the year 1895. Other past presidents include Josephine Pisula, Sophia Nowicki, Mary Wolak, Ada Nawrocki, and Rose Wolenter

The St. Joseph Guild - no longer active

The St. Joseph Ladies Guild was organized on March 15, 1968 by Fr. Pleban. This group was organized for parish women as a means for them to come together to socialize and to perform charitable works for the church. The first officers were: Gabriella Banaszak, president; Veronica Lesniowski, vice president; Josephine Sanzimier, secretary; and Alice Osniak treasurer.

St. Aloysius Society No. 129 P.R.C.U. - no longer active
This Society was organized in the year 1900. It is no longer an active organization in our parish

The Polish Women's Alliance of America - no longer active
On October 19, 1923 the (society of Tow. Matki Boskiej Czestochowskiej was founded by Fr. Przybylski for the purpose of starting a parish bazaar. The group of women was organized by Anastazja Hiechast (the first president) and Honorota Wotowska. The remaining officers of the founding group were: Karolina Komenda, vice president; Katarzyna Wisniewska, financial secretary; and Rozalla Sejut, recording secretary; and Tekla Firlik, treasurer. It is no longer an active organization in our parish